School-FERST Survey 2019
Description: This survey was developed as part of the School Food Environment Review and Support Tool (School-FERST), a monitoring and feedback system developed as part of a doctoral thesis investigation by Erica D’Souza: email@example.com
Some of the literature used to inform this survey are:
1. Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity, Y.U. Child Care Nutrition and Physical Activity Assessment Survey. 2008; Available from: http://www.yaleruddcenter.org/resources/upload/docs/what/communities/ChildCareDirectorSurvey.pdf.
2. Watts. C, W.A., 2007 School and ECE Services Food and Nutrition Environment Survey. 2008: Unpublished.
3. Turner, L., Chaloupka, Frank J. Food and Fitness School Health Policies and Practices Questionnaire. Part 1. 2010 [cited 2013 9 December]; Available from: http://appliedresearch.cancer.gov/mfe/instruments/Turner_Food_Fitness_School_Health_Quest.pdf.
4. Ministry of Health, Food and beverage classification system for years 1-13. 2007.
5. Bauer, K.W., et al., Energy Content of U.S. Fast-Food Restaurant Offerings: 14-Year Trends. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 2012. 43(5): p. 490-497.
6. Carter, M.A. and B. Swinburn, Measuring the 'obesogenic' food environment in New Zealand primary schools. Health Promot Int, 2004. 19(1): p. 15-20.
7. Minnesota Association of Secondary School Principals & University of Minnesota, D.o.E. Food Policies and Practices in Minnesota High Schools A Survey of Secondary School Principals. 2001; Available from: http://appliedresearch.cancer.gov/mfe/instruments/neumark-sztainer-food-policies-questionnaire-instrument.
8. Ward D, H.D., Haverly K, Marks J, Benjamin S, Ball S, Trost S. Nutrition and Physical Activity Self-Assessment for Child Care. 2008; Available from: http://appliedresearch.cancer.gov/mfe/instruments/benjamin-nap-sacc-nutrition-and-physical-activity.